The Semantic Web Strategies conference is coming to San Jose, CA September 30 to October 2, 2007. The conference is being held by Jupitermedia and registration ranges from $50 for an exhibits-only pass and $1,795 for full conference options (if you register before the 12th of September you get a discount). The conference passport is the most expensive but you get the following good stuff:
- Pre-conference Tutorials: Sunday September 30, 1:00-5:00pm
- All Conference Sessions: October 1-2
- Access to exhibit area in the ballroom foyer
- Conference Breakfasts, Lunches and Networking Events
- Conference Bag and take-home specialty items
- Access to online conference proceedings
If you can't afford the conference passport, you may want to go after the one day pass which is priced at $795. You won't get the pre-conference tutorials, but at least you're there.
Speakers for the conference include:
- Eric Miller
- President, Zepheira LLC
- Nova Spivack
- CEO, Radar Networks
- Bob DuCharme
- Solutions Architect and Author / Conference Chair, Innodata Isogen
- Jans Aasman
- Director of Engineering, Franz Inc.
- Melliyal Annamalai
- Principal Member of Technical Staff, Oracle Database Semantic Technologies
- Andreas Blumauer
- Semantic Web Company
- Colin Britton
- Chief Technology Officer, Co-founder, Metatomix
- Uche Ogbuji
- Partner, Zepheira LLC
- Kingsley Idehen
- Founder and CEO, OpenLink Software Inc.
Check out the conference schedule, there are some interesting talks being held. Nova Spivack is holding a general session call Toward a Usable Semantic Web where he discusses how to make the Semantic Web useable, as well as how the Semantic Web can benefit key application categories from advertising to e-commerce to search, publishing, collaboration and entertainment. The general session Developing a Semantic Web Strategy for your Organization is bound to be another very interesting talk!
The schedule only has a few sponsors/exhibitors, including:
- Access Innovations Inc.
- Franz Inc. (AllegroGraph)
- Metatomix Inc.
- TopQuadrant Inc.
- World Wide Web Consortium
- Zepheira LLC
I would love to be able to cover this conference and be able to write about what went on, but it's just out of my current budgetary reach. I will find out more information as it comes, but if you can go, do it!
About the author
Trackback URL for this entry:
Spam protection by Akismet
Post a comment