I've compiled a list of videos about the Semantic Web, RDF, and OWL for your viewing pleasure! Most of these videos are short, ranging from about 6 to 10 minutes while others are long (45+ minutes). Included are a few introductions, a few interviews, and a few that get into the gritty details.
- The Semantic Web & Social Software
- 4:13, In this short interview, Dr John Breslin, subcluster leader of the Social Software group at DERI, Galway gives his view on what the Semantic Web is. He introduces what DERI is about and discusses the projects he is working on, in particular the SIOC project and explains what Social Software is.
- Intro to the Semantic Web
- 6:06, A short introduction to the semantic web. This video uses simple, yet entertaining drawings to get its points across.
- RDFa Basics
- 9:29, This is the follow-up to the video above and covers the basics of RDFa.
- Tim Berners Lee on the Semantic Web
- 8:23, Tim Berners Lee talks about the Semantic Web, the Web of Data, Web evolution, and how the Web caught on.
- Introduction to the Semantic Web
- 33:44, Hugo Mills gives a short talk on the semantic web and RDF. This talk requires some very basic knowledge of web fundamentals. This talk was given at the Hampshire Linux User Group meeting on June 3rd, 2006 at Southampton University.
- Knowledge Representation and the Semantic Web
- 56:08, Abstract: The Semantic Web has been attracting considerable attention the last few years. From the point of view of Knowledge Representation, the Semantic Web affords opportunities for both research and application. However, several aspects of the Semantic Web, as it has been envisioned, cause problems from the Knowledge Representation viewpoint.
- The Semantic Web
- 6:49, In this interview PhD student at DERI Galway, Eyal Oren, presents his view of the Semantic Web. Using simple and concise explanations Eyal explains how the Semantic Web will work with the current Web and how data on the Web will be used more efficiently. He also introduces the viewer to the Semantic Desktop one of the projects he is currently working on and discusses the project procedure at DERI.
- Semantic Web
- 48:41, Presents some projects in DERI on Semantic Web technologies - notably Semantic Interlinking of Online Community (SIOC) sites, Social Semantic Collaborative Filtering, and ActiveRDF (a library for Browsing, programming and navigating Semantic Web data).
- Linked data on the Semantic Web: why and how to use it in your next project
- 42:38, Invited talk by Giovanni Tummarello at SWAP 2007 on Linked Data
- Rules and Semantic Web - Part 1
- 8:10, Presents OWL DL and how it can be used for modeling the Domain Model.
- Rules and Semantic Web - Part 2
- 8:16, Presents OWL DL formalism can be integrated with Logic programs formalism to write rules on top of ontologies.
- Rules and Semantic Web - Part 3
- 9:41, Presents how the formalism developed in the first two parts can be used as the foundation of a Model Driven Archtecture.
- Tagging Vs The Semantic Web
- 3:58, In this short video Eyal Oren of DERI Galway presents his view on what Tagging means to him. He also contrasts Tagging with the Semantic Web.
- RDF - Connecting Software and People
- 30:27, Henry Story's in-depth introduction to the Semantic Web for people with some software engineering background. This video presents the problem of the Mythical Man Month, and shows how you can use an OWL Ontology to describe the relation between people and software bugs.
- From the Web of Documents to the Web of Data
- 1:14:58, Dr Paul Miller of Talis talks at the Unilever Centre for Molecular Science Informatics (Department of Chemistry, University of Cambridge) on the promise and vision of the Semantic Web.
- Ontologies: what are they & what do we do?
- 0:50, A very brief intro to ontologies.
- Using SPARQL Query By Example Tool
- 3:40, Demonstrates Query By Example, Linked Data, and the Semantic Data Web.
About the author
Trackback URL for this entry:
Spam protection by Akismet
Post a comment